Monday, February 04, 2008

Getting a Head Start

There is a reason that I don't go out of my way to go to the large Tesco Extra on the side of Aylesbury that's a pain in the ass to get to. And it is not, as it may seem, that it's a pain in the ass to get there, but rather that when I go, I come home with scads of useless crap that I didn't set out to buy.

The clothing is usually my downfall, either for myself or for the Prawn. I mean, who doesn't need another plain black shirt? For 5 quid? Or a super-frilly something to re-enforce a gender stereotype for my daughter? However, while perusing the racks yesterday, (which are likely straight out of a factory in Thailand who's workforce should be out at recess rather than operating sewing machines) I came across this abhorrent piece of fashion sputum in the Prawn's size.

Strangely enough, Tesco on-line does NOT have a photo of the offending item. I only found the picture of it due to the outrage of another blogger. In an age where scientists are finding the on-set of early puberty in girls as young as 8 being more and more common, do we REALLY need the body hate to start at 3-6 months?

4 comments:

PiquantMolly said...

That really, really makes me want to vomit.

And people wonder why women have body issues.

Becky said...

Yipes. That's terrible and disgusting. And not even remotely funny.

SaraS-P said...

Furious. So furious.

I need to save this photo to use in lectures on eating disorder risk factors.

Geez... I thought leather pants in age 6 sizes were bad. This is atrocious!

lisalou said...

That scares me