Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Prawn Rules

Both Mr. DD and I were kind of anxious about this scan this morning. The fact that Mr. DD was anxious (he's the one who keeps my freak out gland in check) made me even MORE anxious.

However, as with every attack of paranoia I've had so far, this too turned out to be unfounded. Although the scan was relatively short, the tech was able to determine that the Prawn is well within normal growth ranges (albeit a little tiny bit larger than average) and that I don't have an excess of fluid. "Some people just stick out further than others," she said, "everything looks great."

So, a big sigh of relief from both of us. We were STILL not able to determine the Prawn's sex, so it'll just have to be a surprise. Not all that much longer to wait! However, I did content myself by buying a "coming home" outfit at Mothercare that's cream colored and has Winnie the Pooh slapped all over it.

In other news, we FINALLY have a moving date fixed. Next Friday, we'll be able to take possession of our lovely new flat. After having to poke everyone involved with sharp sticks for the last 3 months or so, we're VERY pleased to have an actual date, although it's much later than we'd hoped. I've already been rendered pretty much useless in the moving stakes, but hopefully I'll still be able to wield a roller in order to change the entire place from Canary Yellow to a slightly more civilized color. (Note to anyone who has Canary Yellow walls- This is not to insinuate that you are, in any way, uncivilized. However, when an entire apartment is this color, cheerful though it is, it tends to burn itself into your retinas.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we moved into our condo, the entire living room was this ungodly mustard yellow. That was the first thing to go. Think of resale values, people!

And . . . what a stubborn little Prawn you have!

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad you and the little Prawn are good! And also yay that you get to take posession of your new home soon!

Meg said...

Yay - glad to hear things are looking good with the prawn, but damn the uncooperativeness!! (I almost wrote "his"... but maybe I am just projecting.)

MsPrufrock said...

Ah yes, I had one of those stubborn in-utero babies, and it hasn't changed now that she's here.

I'm so pleased you have a moving date that is so soon! I know you've gone through a lot, and I'm sure with the arrival of Young Prawn it will be a relief to be settled.

In regard to the canary yellow, when we moved into our flat it was a mixture of yellows, oranges, and turquoise. The paint was those colours, as was the godawful wallpaper. I feel sick just thinking about it. I'd love to see pictures once you're in and settled.

rockmama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.